Former presidential aide, Reno Omokri has criticised the appointment f new service chiefs by President Muhammadu Buhari on grounds that he sidelined Igbos.
The appointees are Major-General Leo Irabor, Chief of Defence Staff Major-General I. Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff Rear Admiral A.Z Gambo, Chief of Naval Staff Air-Vice Marshal I.O Amao, Chief of Air Staff.”
However, Reno Omokri pointed out that the Igbo ethnic group was sidelined.
He said, “What did Igbo people do to #Buhari?
* No Igbo heading any of the 3 arms of government
* No Igbo heading any of the 3 military branches
* No Igbo in the National Security Council
* No Igbo heading any of the intelligence agencies
* No Igbo heading any security or paramilitary agency
“Are Igbo people supposed to be grateful because Buhari made an Igbo his Personal Assistant on photography? Is taking photographs the only thing the Igbo are good for in Buhari’s government?”