News

Muslim Group Condemns Ekiti Mosque Attack

One of the injured Muslims.

By Oladipupo Mojeed

A Muslim group, National Council of Muslim Youth Organisations (NACOMYO) has condemned the attack on some Muslim faithful in Ikun Ekiti.

The group made this known via a statement jointly signed by the state coordinator,Tajudeen Ahmed, and the secretary, Musa Tijani.

The attack at Ikun Ekiti happened while the Nuslims were breaking their fast in the Central Mosque at about 7 pm.

Complicity

NACOMYO  accused both the monarch and the police of complicity in the attack on the Muslims.

According to the statement, the Oba had earlier warned the Muslims to keep their women away from the mosque on Tuesday being the grand finale of their masquerade festival.

“HRH David Olatunde Olusola was said to have written a letter to the Muslim Community of Ikun Ekiti to ensure that their women are kept indoors.

“The Muslim community of Ikun Ekiti ensured total compliance by keeping all their female members indoor. “

“While the innocent and fasting Muslims were being tormented, the Muslims made frantic efforts to reach out to the police authorities at Ikun and Moba Local Government respectively to come to their rescue but the DPO turned down the invitation of the Muslims and dissuaded the police from going to the scene on the basis that the Onikun of Ikun Ekiti has confirmed to the DPO that there is no crisis whatsoever at Ikun Ekiti.

“On our part, we condemn the invasion of the Ikun Ekiti Central Mosque by the masqueraders and the monumented assault meted on the fasting Muslims.

“We see the invasion as an abominable act that is most sacrilegious. It is a clear cut defilement of the sacred mosque and an unnecessary provocation of the Muslim faithful,” it said.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button