Barcelona star Lionel Messi has ranked first on Forbes list for highest-earning footballers for the year 2020 with his yearly earnings at $126m.
Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo ($117m) and Paris St-Germain duo, Neymar and Kylian Mbappe second to fourth respectively.
Other stars that made the cult are Premier League stars– Mohamed Salah, Paul Pogba and David de Gea, Spanish stars Gareth Bale and Antoine Griezmann, leaving Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski as the only Bundesliga player on the top ten list.
While Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar retained their respective positions from 2019, Mbappe rose three places from seventh to fourth.
See Forbes list of highest-earning footballers
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona and Argentina) $126m
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus and Portugal) $117m
- Neymar (Paris St-Germain and Brazil) $96m
- Kylian Mbappe (Paris St-Germain and France) $42m
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool and Egypt) $37m
- Paul Pogba (Manchester United and France) $34m
- Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona and France) $33m
- Gareth Bale (Real Madrid and Wales) $29m
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich and Poland) $28m
- David de Gea (Manchester United and Spain) £27m
Have a story to tell, or images to share on interesting Nigeria news? Send them to Concise News via Whatsapp (0906 928 2577)
Tired of generators? Get PRAG INVERTER, Nigeria's No.1 Inverters Be the first to know...Get daily round up of top Nigerian newspaper headlines. Click here. Tired of estimated bills/generator noise? Go off the grid...get PRAG SOLAR for 24/7 noiseless and uninterrupted power supply.