10 Die After Drinking Hand Sanitizer In Indian Town

Toxic Alcohol Kills 99 In India

Ten men have died in an Indian town after drinking alcohol-based hand sanitiser, as local liquor shops were closed due to a coronavirus lockdown.

The men, from the town of Kurichedu in Andhra Pradesh, were said to be dependent on alcohol, according to Sky News.

“Some people who are heavily addicted to alcohol had been consuming hand sanitizer for the high,” said Siddharth Kaushal, the top police official in the district.

“Alcohol is not available because of the lockdown, but hand sanitisers are easily available.”

Several other people who had also drunk sanitiser were discharged from hospital, Mr Kaushal said.

He added that some of those who died had other health conditions.


whatsapp
Have a story to tell, or images to share on interesting Nigeria news? Send them to Concise News via Whatsapp (0906 928 2577)

Experienced digital content creator.


Tired of generators? Get PRAG INVERTER, Nigeria's No.1 Inverters Be the first to know...Get daily round up of top Nigerian newspaper headlines. Click here. Tired of estimated bills/generator noise? Go off the grid...get PRAG SOLAR for 24/7 noiseless and uninterrupted power supply.

Add Concise To Homescreen.