The organisers of the #RevolutionNow have released the ‘Rules of Engagement’ for the protest schedule for Monday.
Concise News understands that the group had vowed to go ahead with the protest across the country in the face of the arrest of the leader Omoyele Sowore.
In a statement on Sunday, the movement called on Nigerians from every walk of life to join in the protest.
“We understand that this is the crude old trick of the State to create fear in the minds of oppressed to delay their day of freedom,” the statement added.
“But it is more glaring this time around that Nigerians have taken their destinies in their hands and are saying Enough is Enough to hardship, insecurity, insurgency, incessant killings, epileptic power supply, disrespect of court orders, blatant abuse of power and office, embarrassing corruption.”
It said the demands of the movememt are as noted below:
1. An economy that works for all and not a handful of individuals, banks and foreign multi-nationals.
2. An effective and democratic end to insecurity and insurgency.
3. An end to systemic corruption and for total system change in the interest of all.
4. The immediate implementation of the 30,000 naira minimum wage at all levels in the public service as agreed with the trade unions.
5. Education as an enforceable right and not a priviledge.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
The following are the rules of engagement for the protest:
1. We eschew all forms of violence. No protester should throw any object as little as stones or attack any security officials.We are aware of their intent to provoke the mass unduly by using undue tactics and sponsored agents, so as to give the protest a bad name.We encourage all Nigerians to remain calm as we are ready to fight these injustices to a logical conclusion.
2. If you would come with water, make sure you come with water ONLY in plastic bottles. We say NO to glass wares.
3. Irrespective of the colour orange recognized as the insignia of the protest, everyone is free to come dressed in ANY colour.