Following the conclusion of group stage matches of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) on Tuesday, CAF have come out with a comprehensive statistics of teams and individual players’ performances.
The African football body also announced the team of the group stage with no Nigerian player on the list.
A total of 68 goals have been scored from the 36 matches of the group stage, an average of 1.9 goals per match.
- Four teams are yet to concede – Algeria, Morocco, Egypt and Cameroon
- A historic moment in African football. Madagascar are the first debutants at the finals at the Africa Cup of Nations to qualify for the knockout stages since Cape Verde in 2013.
- Burundi became the third team to fail to score a goal in their first three games at the Africa Cup of Nations after Ethiopia in 1957 & 1959 and Mozambique in 1986.
- 2 goals – Adam OUNAS (Algeria), Mikael POTE (Benin), Cedric BAKAMBU (DR Congo), Mohamed SALAH (Egypt), Ahmed ELMOHAMADY (Egypt), Mohamed YATTARA (Guinea), Michael OLUNGA (Kenya), Carolus ANDRIAMATSINORO (Madagascar), Sadio MANE (Senegal), Emmanuel OKWI (Uganda), Jordan AYEW (Ghana)
- A total of 116 yellow cards and one red card so far.
The group stages witnessed some stellar performances🔥🔥
— CAF (@CAF_Online) July 3, 2019