Windows Laptop can easily be formatted if it becomes faulty, malfunctioning PC or making your work ineffective, or the user transfers it to another person. Follow the steps by steps video guides.
There are different types of windows laptop issue, learning how to format your computer and formatting the hard drive prepares the surface of the disk to store new data.
A laptop can be formatted if the following problems occur: viruses, computer errors, wiping off data before they are sold, or before they are returned to employers.
Below is the process of how to format a laptop.
How To Format A Laptop
Formatting laptop might be hard or frustrating to some users when it started malfunctioning or possessed by viruses, or any other issues whatsoever, you can follow the below method to easily format your laptop.
There are different types of desktop windows that are being used on a computer, these windows varies and they have different types of methods it can format. They are Window 7,8 and 10.
Below is the process on how to format Window 7,8 and 10 without experiencing any difficulty in formatting it.
How To Format Laptop Windows 7 Step By Step?
Formatting laptop might become boring to some people, while the modern age of computer required knowledge on the laptop window that best for your laptop, as well as how to format the window if the need arises.
Follow the below procedures in formatting Laptop Window 7:
- Start up your laptop
- Click on the Control Panel (Backup your files and Restore)
- Create a system repair disc.
- Insert a CD into your laptop
- Then, click ”Create disc,” click ”Close” after then, click ”Ok.”
- Type F10 or F12 to enter the boot menu and select the CD as a boot device.
- Select “ENTER” then ”NEXT,” select your windows system in ”Use recovering tools that can help problem starting windows.
- Select ”NEXT” then click ”COMMAND PROMT”.
- Enter ”Format c:/fs: NTFS” and start to format your system disk.
How To Format Computer And Clean Install Windows 10
Formatting laptop might be difficult to some extent to some people, while the modern use of computer required a broad knowledge on the computer window that suits for your laptop.
The methods for formatting computer windows are many, but when it comes to Windows 10, the process is quite decent and less time consuming. The whole procedure of formatting Windows 10 can undergo with a friendly interface and a step-by-step.
Below are the procedures to follow in formatting Laptop Window 10:
- Start your laptop;
- Select the menu on the left bottom corner,
- Then click the icon to open settings or search for settings,
- The home page settings, click on ”UPDATE & SECURITY,” then select ”Recovery tab” from the left panel. Follow this option:
- Reset this PC: This is exactly the option that is needed, but you should also check other ones which may be used to fix other issues on Windows 10.
- Advanced Startup: There will be a lot of sub-options, such as startup from a bootable USB drive, change windows startup settings, or restore from a system image.
- More recovery options: A fresh installation is adviced to start with the windows clean up.
- Partition your files: Backup your files to another save hard drive.
5. Click on the ”get started” After you select PC reset, then two options will appear: Two options will appear on your screen: Keep my files (Remove apps and setting, keep your personal files) and Remove Everything(Remove all your personal files apps, and settings) option.
Keep my files: Remove apps and settings, but keep your personal files on the drive. Keep my files, gives the computer users the opportunity to allow them to recover the media files from the computer drive. This is suitable for the computer users, that want to continue using the laptop, but the data on the computer will be at risk for easy recovery if the user intends to sell the system or give it out, information on it can easily be recovered by other users.
Remove everything: Remove all of your personal files, apps, data and settings. The remove everything option, this option can be energy consuming but it is totally safe unlike the ‘Keep my files,’ which data files can easily be recovered. In this option, it does not allow media, files to be recovered once it is deleted.
6. Select ”NEXT,” when the Operating system requests confirmation, then choose the reset button.
After undergoing this process the laptop will start the reset process by restarting the computer automatically. The reset varies, while some take 10minutes others 1hour it depends on the Window 10 you are using, your computer will start the Window 10 afresh.
How To Format Laptop With Windows Installation USB/CD (Windows 7/8/10)on your Laptop
- Start your laptop;
- Press ”Delete” to enter the BIOS when starting your laptop.
- Select ” Advanced BIOS Features” and set the First Boot Device to ‘CDROM’,
- Click Y to save and exit the setup.
- Insert the Windows installation USD or CD into your computer, and then enter ‘DOS.’
- Type ‘Format C:/’ in the DOS prompt,
- Press Y to complete formatting.
- After you finished formatting your laptop,
- Insert your own windows 7/8//10 system disk (CD boot)
- Follow the instructions to install.
How To Format Laptop Without CD/ Pendrive Windows Installation
- Start your computer,
- Press F8 or F11 before Windows finish loading,
- Click ”Next” to enter System Recovery,
- There are two options to choose from:
- If you have already backed up your data, a Destructive Recovery will help you get a brand-new laptop,
- The utility will complete the formatting and restart your laptop. Just wait patiently until last.