A staff of the Ondo Business Unit of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Adenodi Shama has been reportedly electrocuted.
Concise News gathered that the incident took place when Shama was trying to connect a cable at the New Town area of Ondo Town in Ondo State on Saturday.
The deceased had gone, alongside some of his colleagues, to connect the cable which had fallen off an electric pole.
“Shortly after climbing the pole, he was electrocuted and fell on the ground,” a source said.
Continuing, the source noted that the victim was taken to a hospital in the neighbourhood and confirmed dead by a doctor.
It was gathered that some of the victim’s colleagues were arrested by the police over the incident.
The company is yet to release a statement on the matter but the Police have confirmed the development.
“The deceased’s family made some allegations, so we had to arrest the operations manager and the manager of the company,” said the state Police Public Relations Officer Femi Joseph.
“We are interrogating them on their roles in the matter.”
Have a story to tell, or images to share on interesting Nigeria news? Send them to Concise News via Whatsapp (0906 928 2577)
Tired of generators? Get PRAG INVERTER, Nigeria's No.1 Inverters Be the first to know...Get daily round up of top Nigerian newspaper headlines. Click here. Tired of estimated bills/generator noise? Go off the grid...get PRAG SOLAR for 24/7 noiseless and uninterrupted power supply.